Religious art should be accepted in the public eye because this is art just expressed religiously. To many religious people, this would be confronting and they would feel that their religion is making an impact on society but non-religious people would find it offensive. It would be offensive to them because they don't believe in God and the fact that they would have a statue that protrays that is disrespectful. They would also not want there tax money going to something they are against. I wouldn't mind having a Jesus Christ statue in my downtown area because I am Catholic and to me it would just remind me of my religion and how I have someone protecting me.
Religious art can't just be one religion, it should also be all religion so that everyone could be comfortable. I wouldn't mind to see other religions because I'm learning about different things. If they would put a statue, I would like to have an explanation on why this would be significant to the certain religion.
The city funding the religious art is something I'm debating on if it should or should not be. If a church or holy place came up with the money to put a statue then maybe but if non-reliogious people are putting money in something they believe in, thats wrong.
Like I stated before, I wouldn't mind to see religious art around town but a diverity of different religions would be better.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment