Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This I Believe: Art

This I Believe:
I believe in art. I believe that everyone has an artistic creativity. It can range from good ideas in an organization, being vocally artistic, artistic in general or whatever you believe art is. I believe that art brings everyone together as a whole. From my own personal experience, anytime that I feel stressed or overwhelmed with school work, I take my paints out and a big sheet of paper; blast my music on high and start splatter painting. Through my painting, I am relieving my stress. My painting also makes other people feel good when they observe it. I can testify from that statement because when I view other artist work, I get inspire and I come up with ideas just from there work. I believe everyone is artistic because art is a quality given to everyone that many people don’t know how to express. For example, many people can come up with quick, great ideas for organization but can’t draw, to me that’s artistic. People are great vocally and have a beautiful voice, to me that’s art. Being able to harmonize and write your own music, that’s art. It’s obvious if you can draw or paint, that’s art. As you can see, my point is that no matter what one does, it can be expressed as art.As a child growing up, I would always look forward to the coloring segment in my classes. Just grabbing the crayon, marker, or pencil made me excited because I knew I was going to be making a pretty picture to show to my mommy. The fact at any age, you can develop your artistic talent. Most people develop their artistic talent when something terrible is going on within themselves, with others around them, or an event occurring in their life at the moment.
When I moved to Florida from New York at the age of 13, I was felt depressed from leaving all my family and friends. I began pursing my art as not just a class activity but as a serious hobby that I would do more than once a day. I began learning new art ideas like scrap booking, the use of fabric paint, splattering painting, etc., which started to bring me out my shell and build up my self- confidence because people actually loved my art. I was able to take many art classes that advanced my education on the elements of art. My love for art even grew stronger last year when I took Advanced Placement Studio Art. I was so excited for that class. My teacher, Mrs. Vazquez was very helpful and inspirational toward my classmates and myself. I discovered new art like photography, graphic design and fashion, which is very big in our society. The different styles and ways people put their clothes together shows expressionism and individuality. In my AP Art class, I was also getting critiqued and feedback about my art from my fellow classmates, friends, and teachers. The critiques and feedback made me a stronger artist and my work strong too. I was able to enter in contest and participate in my first public art show with my own two door display. How cool is that!
Just based on my story, art has done many things for me to become the artistic and mindful person I am.
To me art is anything anyone puts his or her mind to. It’s an assortment of things that appeals to the senses and emotions of a human individual. If you looked up art in the dictionary, you would find 19 different definitions and those definitions range from a quality or production to the field of study to a skilled workmanship or to a studied action. The variety of definitions in itself tells you how diverse art is and how it can relate to anyone. Art makes everyone happy and thinking about themselves and the environment that surrounds them. I love art for just making me the person I am today. I believe in art like it’s a religion. You can believe in it too. You have an art inside of you that just hasn’t come out yet. Let it out and let people know who you. I am just one example, there are millions out there just like you.

No comments: