1. Smiley didn't have any experience with doing chores so she wouldn't know how important they really are. Smiley describes this experience in the essay when she stated that "I would leave my room a mess when I headed off for school and find it miraculously neat when I returned". The experience had an impact in way that Smiley wasn't just talking about her experience when she was a young child but also as a growing adult and seeing how chores affect you as a person.
2. The evidence Smiley shows to support her argument is examples from her own life when growing up and when she is raising her own children. She also uses her husband's growth and experience and the ones from other people. I think the reasons and evidence are authoritative. I believe Smiley's intended audience are adults who have children and also teenagers who are growing up into young adults. At the end, she is able to give a proposal for parents about chores.
3. Smiley uses rhetorical questions to appeal to her readers by making them think and attempt to relate the questions to reader's childhood. This questions make me think back to my own childhood and see what chores were able to make me grow to love or dislike certain jobs.
No comments:
Post a Comment