This I Believe:
I believe in art. I believe that everyone has an artistic creativity. It can range from good ideas in an organization, being vocally artistic, artistic in general or whatever you believe art is. I believe that art brings everyone together as a whole. From my own personal experience, anytime that I feel stressed or overwhelmed with school work, I take my paints out and a big sheet of paper, blast my music on high and start splatter painting. Through my painting, I am relieving my stress. My paint also makes other people feel good when they observe it. I can testify from that statement because when I view other artist work, I get inspire and I come up with ideas just from there work. I believe everyone is artistic because art is something that is a quality given to everyone that many people don’t know how to express. For example, many people can come up with quick, great ideas for organization but can’t draw, to me that’s artistic. People are great vocally and have a beautiful voice, to me that’s art. Being able to harmonize and write your own music, that’s art. Its obvious if you can draw or paint, that’s art. As you can see, my point is that no matter what one does, it can be expressed as art.
As a child growing up, I would always look forward to the coloring segment in my classes. Just grabbing the crayon, marker, or pencil made me excited because I knew I was going to be making a pretty picture to show to my mommy. Simply the fact that my mind at a young age would come up with different ways to draw ordinary things like my sun would have sunglasses and drink a coca cola can. What child thinks of that? I did.
When I moved to Florida from New York at the age of 13, I was feeling depressed from leaving all my family and friends. I began pursing my art as not just a class activity but also a serious hobby that I would do more than once a day. I began learning new art ideas like scrapbooks, fabric paint, splattering painting, etc., which began to bring me out my shell and built up my self- confidence because people actually loved my art. I was able to take many art classes that advanced my education on the elements of art. My love for art even grew stronger last year when I took Advanced Placement Studio Art. I was so excited for that class. My teacher, Mrs. Vazquez was very helpful and inspirational toward my classmates and myself. I discovered new art like photography, graphic design and fashion, which is very big in our society. The different styles and ways people put their clothes together shows expressionism and individuality. In my AP Art class, I was also getting critiqued and good feedback about my art from my fellow classmates, friends, and teachers. I was able to enter in contest and participate in my first public art show whit my own two door display. How cool is that!
To me art is anything anyone puts his or her mind to. It’s an assortment of things that appeals to the senses and emotions of a human individual. Art makes everyone happy and thinking about themselves and their environment. I love art for just making me the person I am today. I believe in art like it’s a religion. You can believe in it too. You have an art inside of you that just hasn’t come out yet. Let it out and let people know who you. I am just one example, there are millions out there just like you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that you are telling a really good story. It's interesting to read it because you have true belief in it. I think that you know what you are talking about and that you believe in yourself and your knowledge and that you try to make other people believe in themsleves. I also think that this essay can inspire others to start making art.
I think it's easy to read this essay because it's wellorganised. I like the way you present the timeline. Maybe it's a little too much repetition. Sometimes it feels like I'm reading the same thing over and over again.
I think it's hard to give specific advise for revision because I really think that this is a good essay.
I think there's two parts to this essay, and one is stronger than the other. The first part is your opening and closing, where you talk about art in a variety ways, and explore some of the ways that everyone is artistic and can express their creativity.
The second part is where you discuss your own experience in art and say things like "What child thinks of that? I did." I think these two sections send very different messages. The first sends the message that you don't have to be an artist to have art in your life. In a sense, it democratizes art.
The second part suggest that only certain individuals possess this artistic side ("What child thinks of that? I did"). So, I think the biggest challenges here are to bridge the gap between the messages of the various parts of the essay and continue to explore the meaning of art in the everyday lives of people. How can you search your own experience to find the value of art for all?
Post a Comment